Topics

Is there something akin to #include (bring in the contents of another file)? #include

the_rodent_of_unusual_size

I'm still working with gestalt characters within the PCGen constraints, and it's not simple. Rather than continually having to mess about with editing multiple files, does PCGen have something like a INCLUDE, #include, .require, or other mechanism to insert the contents of another file in place of the #include?

Thanks!h

distant_scholar

I'm not sure what the answer to your question is; I don't know what sort
of information you want to include.

Things you can do:
* Load more than one source (.pcc file) at a time.
* Load one .pcc file from another.
* Load a selected list of "objects" from a .lst file.
* Load all but a selected list of "objects" from a .lst file.

Are any of these what you are looking for?

DS/DL

On 11/13/2011 6:53 PM, the_rodent_of_unusual_size wrote:

I'm still working with gestalt characters within the PCGen
constraints, and it's not simple. Rather than continually having to
mess about with editing multiple files, does PCGen have something like
a INCLUDE, #include, .require, or other mechanism to insert the
contents of another file in place of the #include?

Thanks!h

the_rodent_of_unusual_size

--- In PCGenListFileHelp@..., Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

Things you can do:
* Load a selected list of "objects" from a .lst file.
That might do the trick -- how is that done?hh

distant_scholar

On 11/13/2011 7:34 PM, the_rodent_of_unusual_size wrote:

--- In PCGenListFileHelp@...
<mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, Doug Limmer
<adventure@...> wrote:

Things you can do:
* Load a selected list of "objects" from a .lst file.
That might do the trick -- how is that done?hh
In the .pcc file, you'd have a line something like:
SPELL:@/alpha/paizo/pathfinder_rpg/advanced_players_guide/pfapg_spells.lst|(INCLUDE:Hydraulic
Push|Acid Pit|Contagious Flame|Dust of Twilight|Elemental Aura|Flare
Burst|Hungry Pit|Spark|Wall of Lava|Aqueous Orb|Ball Lightning|Fluid
Form|Fly (Mass)|Slipstream|Touch of the Sea|Tsunami|Alter Winds|Cloak of
Winds|River of Wind)

Only the listed spells are loaded, and not any of the others. The
documentation for this would be found in the PCC File Tags section of
the List File Tag Index under the List Files entry.

Of course, if you don't care about having extra stuff, you could just
load the entire file.

(I used this one to include spells used in Pathfinder's /Bestiary 2/
from the /Advanced Player's Guide/.)

DS/DL