Re: Spam increase?

markjmeans

I think I see the problem. The old Yahoo groups would never show the users actual email address. But groups.io is doing just that. Now my otherwise clean gmail account is going to start proliferating spam. If it continues to rise I will close my gmail account.

Can all the groups.io accounts be set to NOT show the users email addresses? Or if it’s not possible then I would posit that groups.io is hosting a platform specifically for the benefit spammers.

From: pcgenexperimental@pcgen.groups.io <pcgenexperimental@pcgen.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Grosse via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 2:22 PM
To: pcgenexperimental@pcgen.groups.io
Subject: Re: [pcgenexperimental] Spam increase?

It is possible, we imported the whole yahoo member list. If their had been some fake spam accounts they might have noticed the new activity and refreshed their spam account settings.

But the only way currently to see the member list is to be a subscriber. so the member list isn't publicly available.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback

Join pcgenexperimental@pcgen.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.