Re: thoughts on using JavaFX WebView instead of lobobrowser

Eitan Adler

I sent this email and went on vacation. This is a followup to everyone:

-- How would users be impacted by this change?

Ideally not at all. It is it possible that custom output sheets would
need to be modified to work as they did before. If so, it would be
modifying the output sheets to behave *more* like normal HTML though.

-- Is it appropriate/necessary during an RC cycle prior to full release?

This affects master, not the release.

-- Does this change require any OS template or changes as a consequence?

Unlikely. I've been testing existing sheets and haven't noticed any
issues so it is unlikely. That said, I won't know for sure until there
is a better story.

-- If there is a potential for negative impact on users, can it be
implemented as an option so that users can choose (at run time)
whether to use the old browser or the new browser?

While technically feasible the intent of the change is to move away
from old, dead, and unmaintained code. We would not want to maintain
this as an option. Instead we'd just fix the bugs in the output
sheets.

-- It'll for sure impact the installer. Unless I'm mistaken JAVAFX is
not part of the base JDK.

Is this not resolved the same way every other dependency gets included?

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 at 06:47, Martijn Verburg <@karianna> wrote:

It’s not but AdoptOpenJDK will provide bundled binaries before too long

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 at 02:09, javydreamer <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:

It'll for sure impact the installer. Unless I'm mistaken JAVAFX is not part of the base JDK.

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019, 1:18 PM Andrew Maitland via Groups.Io <drew0500=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi,

Only bug fixes are making it into the 6.08 series.

This is definitely for the 6.10 series.

On 4/27/2019 10:39 AM, markjmeans wrote:
Some other questions:

How would users be impacted by this change?

Is it appropriate/necessary during an RC cycle prior to full release?

Does this change require any OS template or changes as a consequence?

If there is a potential for negative impact on users, can it be implemented as an option so that users can choose (at run time) whether to use the old browser or the new browser?

Mark