Topics

Trouble with Magical Knack #pathfinder

swiftbrook8

I have a 7th level Pathfinder Hunter with one level of Ranger.  I added the Magical Knack trait (designating Hunter as class) to boost my caster level to 8.  However, it didn't work.  I build a Hunter 8/Ranger 1 from scratch with Magical Knack.  Same thing.

stewart horne

Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t raise your caster level above your current Hit Dice.

stewart horne

Sorry, never mind didn't notice the total level was 8. Rang1 + Hunter 7 = 8.

stewart horne

Although the plus 2 would bring total caster level of hunter above 8 so that may actually be the issue, maybe try with hunter 6 and ranger 2 and see if the issue is still there.

swiftbrook8

Created a Hunter 6 Ranger 2 with Magical Knack and one spell, Barkskin.  caster level is 6.

stewart horne

Well I just did it with Wizard6/Fighter2 and Wizard7/fighter1 both have a mage armour duration of 8 hours, so it works with standard classes.

Tried with with a skald and arcanist both failed, looks like it's an issue with hybrid characters.

Created a Hunter 6 Ranger 2 with Magical Knack and one spell, Barkskin.  caster level is 6.