Topics

Starfinder Society-specific races?

Joel Fischoff

Has anyone done anything about adding the Starfinder Society-created races for PCGen?  I'm specifically looking for the Morlamaw.

Alternatively, any pointers to how to add new races for someone who has never done it before?

Brad G.

Joel,

If you go to pcgen.atlassian.org you can add a new source request for content like that. I have done most of the starfinder stuff and can crank it out relatively quickly.

If you want tips to do it yourself, we have YouTube video tutorials and a discord channel for tips and online help

If you go to [pcgen.atlassian.org](http://pcgen.atlassian.org)
you can add a new source request for content like that. I have
done most of the starfinder stuff and can crank it out
relatively quickly.
Done. Possibly twice, since the first time didn't seem to go through properly.

Joel

Brad G.

New races added to the newsource repo on github (

Take them for a test run and let me know how they work.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 6:45 PM Joel Fischoff <petrukio@...> wrote:
>If you go to [pcgen.atlassian.org](http://pcgen.atlassian.org)
>you can add a new source request for content like that. I have
>done most of the starfinder stuff and can crank it out
>relatively quickly.

Done.  Possibly twice, since the first time didn't seem to go through properly.

Joel

Joel Fischoff

Take them for a test run and let me know how they work.
Okay. I just need to know one thing... how do I do that? :)

I *am* fairly new to PCGen. Well, to actually using it, I mean. I've got the files downloaded (and, gee, shouldn't there be a download link for more than just the JPG file?) and set up in a folder, but from there? I can't seem to get Install Data to find it.

Joel

Brad G.

Joel,

The easiest thing to do is to download the entire newsources repo, unpackage it to a directory, then point pcgen to that folder.

  1. Go to  https://github.com/PCGen/pcgen-newsources
  2. Click the green "Clone or download" button and then "Download ZIP"
  3. Create a folder (not in your PCGEN directory) called "newsources" and extract the ZIP file there.
  4. Open PCGEN and open the preferences from the Tools>Preferences menu item
  5. Find the Location group under the PCGEN group
  6. Set the PCGEN Homebrew Data Directory to your newsources folder.
  7. Restart PCGEN and enjoy your new content!

Brad G.