Topics

situation tag via equipment?

@Ferret_Dave

Should it be possible to use a SITUATION bonus via a piece of equipment?

Ie:
ph_skills.lst:
Appraise.MOD              SITUATION:By weight

ph_equip.lst
Magnifying Glass                                                                                           TYPE:Tools and Skill Kits                                                                          SOURCEPAGE:p.130                                                                                                                         SPROP:This simple lens allows a closer look at small objects. It is also useful as a substitute for flint and steel when starting fires. Lighting a fire with a magnifying glass requires light as bright as sunlight to focus, tinder to ignite, and at least a full-round action. A magnifying glass grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Appraise checks involving any item that is small or highly detailed, such as a gem.                                                                                                               SORTKEY:Tools    BONUS:SITUATION|Appraise=Fine detail|2

? Doesnt seem to be working for me. (using 6.07.08 still ...)

Andrew Maitland

Should work fine.

Though, your situation you have in one needs to match in the other.

By weight vs. Fine detail

Cheers,

On 11/27/2019 12:05 PM, ferret.griffin+io via Groups.Io wrote:
Should it be possible to use a SITUATION bonus via a piece of equipment?

Ie:
ph_skills.lst:
Appraise.MOD              SITUATION:By weight

ph_equip.lst
Magnifying Glass                                                                                           TYPE:Tools and Skill Kits                                                                          SOURCEPAGE:p.130                                                                                                                         SPROP:This simple lens allows a closer look at small objects. It is also useful as a substitute for flint and steel when starting fires. Lighting a fire with a magnifying glass requires light as bright as sunlight to focus, tinder to ignite, and at least a full-round action. A magnifying glass grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Appraise checks involving any item that is small or highly detailed, such as a gem.                                                                                                               SORTKEY:Tools    BONUS:SITUATION|Appraise=Fine detail|2

? Doesnt seem to be working for me. (using 6.07.08 still ...)

@Ferret_Dave

Sorry, bad examples, I had added both the magnifying glass (Fine detail) and scales (By weight) as two situational skills, and managed to paste an example of half of each instead of just one...
Worked out that the problem was that I'd left the equipment in a backpack rather than equipping it !

Works correctly as expected.