Topics

Seeking Step-By-Step Installation Instructions For Mac

allencohn

Are there step-by-step instructions for installing PCGen on a Mac online somewhere? I searched, but couldn't find them. I use Windows, so I don't know how.

One of my players is a new (i.e., inexperienced) Mac user and needs help.

Or would a Mac user of PCGen be willing to help her?

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Paul Grosse

The biggest issue is going to be getting Java working. Are they on Catilina or Mojave for their OS?

~
Paul A. Grosse
PR Silverback
PCGen BoD

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 2:08:46 PM EDT, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:

Are there step-by-step instructions for installing PCGen on a Mac online somewhere? I searched, but couldn't find them. I use Windows, so I don't know how.

One of my players is a new (i.e., inexperienced) Mac user and needs help.

Or would a Mac user of PCGen be willing to help her?

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Steven High

Allen,

If you go to the Discord "channel" (board) and select the mac-support topic, there are some hints and tips, and my sister would be able to help out there (she's a SysAdmin).

As has been noted, the really crucial aspect is Java installation.

IF YOUR USER HAS NOT STARTED YET, HAVE THEM WAIT FOR MY SISTER (CARYN96) AND GO TO DISCORD.

Once it's been trashed, it is almost impossible to get right (though a fix isn't too hard).

SFH