Topics

RC5 no longer asks about sources when loading a character

markjmeans

After you load sources, if you then load a PC with the same sources plus one source, PCGen RC5 doesn’t ask if you want to use the loaded sources or the character’s sources, and it doesn’t use the already loaded sources.

Nick

Weird. It worked when I did that exact thing last night.

Paul Grosse

That's a problem :(

markjmeans

Okay, I think I figured this out. This is a VERY old PFS PC that has been updated once or twice a year and has gone through many version of PCGen, upgrading the PC each time. It was created back when PFS was not a different game mode. So the PC is set to Pathfinder_RPG even though it also specifies only a single PFS game mode multi-source. And it loads! Weird.

But at least it’s understandable why it doesn’t prompt. It’s a different game mode than what is already loaded and PCGen has never prompted the user when loading a file from different game mode.