Topics

Problems with PRE tags

nealsmith1205

Hi,

I am trying to add a magic item to my Pathfinder homebrew data set.

The first function is: -
A character with the ability to channel positive energy gains the Channel Smite feat.

I added: -
ABILITY:FEAT|NORMAL|Channel Smite|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.Channel Positive Energy

This does not generate any errors but does not grant the Channel Smite feat.

The second function is: -
In the hands of a cleric of Pharasma, the weapon gains the disruption quality

I added: -
EQMOD:DISRPT|PREDEITY:1,Pharasma

This does not generate any errors but grants the Disruptive property no matter what deity the character follows.

Finally: -
In the hands of a cleric of Pharasma,  the wielder can use the Channel Smite feat as if she were a cleric of 4 levels higher (+2 on the DC and +2d6 damage) and an extra three times per day.

I do not know how to program this final function.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neal Smith

Brad G.

Neal, try replacing NORMAL with AUTOMATIC to fix your first issue

nealsmith1205

Brad,

Just tried AUTOMATIC but it made no difference.

Cheers,

Neal

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 15:35, Brad G. <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:
Neal, try replacing NORMAL with AUTOMATIC to fix your first issue

Neal Smith

Bearing up!

Brad G.

Wait, is this on an item? Did you equip the item?

nealsmith1205

Brad,

That worked. I assumed carrying the item was enough but it needed the item to be in hand for the feat to be granted.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Neal

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 15:52, Brad G. <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:
Wait, is this on an item? Did you equip the item?

Neal Smith

Bearing up!

Paul Grosse

I'm not sure that EQMOD allows any PREX tags.

Paul A. Grosse

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 11:00:40 AM EST, nealsmith1205 <neal.smith@...> wrote:

Brad,

That worked. I assumed carrying the item was enough but it needed the item to be in hand for the feat to be granted.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Neal

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 15:52, Brad G. <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:
Wait, is this on an item? Did you equip the item?

Neal Smith

Bearing up!

For the increased channel find the variables that do the calculation for the Channel and increase those on the equipment with a PREX.

Also check with a fighter that worships that deity, I bet you will find that you need to add a PREMULT to check for class AND deity.

Paul A. Grosse

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 11:21:49 AM EST, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io <nylanfs@...> wrote:

I'm not sure that EQMOD allows any PREX tags.

Paul A. Grosse

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 11:00:40 AM EST, nealsmith1205 <neal.smith@...> wrote:

Brad,

That worked. I assumed carrying the item was enough but it needed the item to be in hand for the feat to be granted.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Neal

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 15:52, Brad G. <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:
Wait, is this on an item? Did you equip the item?

Neal Smith

Bearing up!

EQMOD doesn't support PRExxx. SPROP does. See Holy and how we worked that.

On 1/28/2019 8:27 AM, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I was thinking of a BONUS:VAR with the PREX on it.

nealsmith1205

Andrew,

I put a PREDEITY tag on a second SPROP entry and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Neal