Topics

Possible Pathfinder 1st Ed. Bug: Weapon Special Ability Can Be Added To Shield Even If Shield As Weapon Doesn't Have +1

allencohn

I may have found a bug...or I am misinterpreting Pathfinder 1st Ed. rules?

• +n enhancement bonuses on shields can be added to their armor effectiveness or weapon effectiveness.
  • think one shouldn't be able to add a weapon special ability to a shield unless at least +1 has been added to the weapon effectiveness (adding to armor effectiveness shouldn't count)
  • I use customize button to first add +1 armor enhancement to darkwood shield and then was able to "customize" to add menacing weapon special ability

PCGen 6.08.00 RC7. 

Thoughts? If it's a bug, I'll create a JIRA entry.

Thanks,

Allen

markjmeans

Yes. It looks like a bug to me.

From: main@pcgen.groups.io <main@pcgen.groups.io> On Behalf Of allencohn
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2019 20:38
To: main@pcgen.groups.io
Subject: [pcgen] Possible Pathfinder 1st Ed. Bug: Weapon Special Ability Can Be Added To Shield Even If Shield As Weapon Doesn't Have +1

I may have found a bug...or I am misinterpreting Pathfinder 1st Ed. rules?

• +n enhancement bonuses on shields can be added to their armor effectiveness or weapon effectiveness.
  • think one shouldn't be able to add a weapon special ability to a shield unless at least +1 has been added to the weapon effectiveness (adding to armor effectiveness shouldn't count)
  • I use customize button to first add +1 armor enhancement to darkwood shield and then was able to "customize" to add menacing weapon special ability

PCGen 6.08.00 RC7. 

Thoughts? If it's a bug, I'll create a JIRA entry.

Thanks,

Allen

allencohn

Thanks for your reply.

Do you suspect code or data?

Should I open a JIRA report?

Best,
Allen