Topics

PCGenv6.08.00 RC8 - possible #bug

Almore Miller

Hi there
 Long time user of PCGEN - but I have found in this release I'm unable to create a Paladin regardless of race

Andrew Maitland

I'll take a look Tuesday. Are you able to open a ticket?

This should take you to the ticket site:

pcgenorg.atlassian.net

Thanks!

On 9/27/2020 5:34 PM, Almore Miller wrote:
Hi there
 Long time user of PCGEN - but I have found in this release I'm unable to create a Paladin regardless of race

Joel Fischoff

I know this will seem relatively obvious, but did you set their alignment to Lawful Good first? AFK so I can't check myself.

On 09/28/2020 1:08 AM Andrew Maitland via groups.io <drew0500@...> wrote:

I'll take a look Tuesday. Are you able to open a ticket?

This should take you to the ticket site:

pcgenorg.atlassian.net

Thanks!

On 9/27/2020 5:34 PM, Almore Miller wrote:
Hi there
 Long time user of PCGEN - but I have found in this release I'm unable to create a Paladin regardless of race

Almore Miller

hi Joel

    I had selected LN alignment - changed to LG and paladin was select able

    I thought you could have paladins of any non evil alignment in pathfinder? possible enhancement?

    thank you for the quick response

Almore Miller

On 9/28/2020 11:54 AM, Joel Fischoff wrote:
I know this will seem relatively obvious, but did you set their alignment to Lawful Good first? AFK so I can't check myself.
On 09/28/2020 1:08 AM Andrew Maitland via groups.io <drew0500@...> wrote:

I'll take a look Tuesday. Are you able to open a ticket?

This should take you to the ticket site:

pcgenorg.atlassian.net

Thanks!

On 9/27/2020 5:34 PM, Almore Miller wrote:
Hi there
 Long time user of PCGEN - but I have found in this release I'm unable to create a Paladin regardless of race

Nope. Paladins are required to be Lawful Good.

Brad G.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:07 PM Almore Miller <almore.miller3rd@...> wrote:

[...]

Unless you take the Gray Paladin archetype

(darn fast submission)

Brad G.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:56 PM Brad Grinstead <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:
[...]

As Brian said, as well as the rules, Paladins are Lawful Good.  Even in 2e, Paladins (or, rather, Champions) have to be on the extreme sides of moral alignment (i.e. there are LG, NG, CG, LE, NE, and CE Champions).  I *think* there was a version in D&D 3.5 that allowed for other "paladins," but even then it was in an extension.  Unearthed Arcana, I think.  *checks*  Sorry, not quite correct.  Unearthed Arcana creates three new Paladins to suit the four 'corners' of the alignment axis - the Paladin (of Honor) [LG], the Paladin of Freedom [CG], the Paladin of Tyranny [LE], and the Paladin of Slaughter [CE].  There's also the anti-paladin, which exists in all three variants.

Joel