Topics

Pathfinder unchained rogue extra rogue talents sticking to normal rogue talents

Tengu

Hi all,
I play an Pathfinder unchained rogue and chose the feat "extra rogue talent". I think what happens is that PCGen adds the option to chose "normal" (not unchained) rogue talents, which is a little different list.
Can I somehow fix this to allow choosing unchained rogue talents?

Brad G.

Well, you can't take the Extra Rogue Talent feat in pcgen 6.08 RC8 as an unchained rogue. It's not a valid option.  You have to select the Extra Unchained Rogue Talent feat instead. It sounds like you might not have selected Unchained as the Rogue Class Selection option.

Brad G.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 3:39 AM Tengu <meister-proper@...> wrote:
Hi all,
I play an Pathfinder unchained rogue and chose the feat "extra rogue talent". I think what happens is that PCGen adds the option to chose "normal" (not unchained) rogue talents, which is a little different list.
Can I somehow fix this to allow choosing unchained rogue talents?

Tengu

Thank you for pointing out that there are two separate feats for normal vs unchained rogues. I did not expect that since in the books there is only one item.
My fault, I took the normal one and overlooked the unchained one (probably possible since the houserule to ignore feat prerequisites is active).
I corrected my character now and it works.
Thanks again. :-)

Brad G.

Glad it all worked out. The books can assume the person reading them is smart enough to make the distinction between standard and unchained rogue feats, but computers are stupid. They only do what you tell them to do, and the easiest way to do that is to keep the abilities separate.

Brad G.