Topics

New character

Carl Moon

Hi

Unable to create new character. The error was: null. #973
Carl

swiftbrook8

We need more information.  Which version of PCGen?  What data sets have you loaded?  Which game mode?

Tom Parker

Also, the .log file (latest one in the directory where PCGen is installed) should show more details on the crash (hopefully?) such as a full stack trace of where it occurred.  If it has that, it's immensely useful to us tracing the root cause.

Thanks!

Tom
--
Tom Parker
thpr@...

On Monday, May 4, 2020, 02:23:19 PM CDT, swiftbrook8 <swiftbrook@...> wrote:

We need more information.  Which version of PCGen?  What data sets have you loaded?  Which game mode?

Carl Moon

Hi
Am using

PCGen 6.07.04
Carl

Brad G.

Carl,

Have you tried using the latest stable build (6.08 RC8)? That version you are using is ancient.

Brad G.

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:19 AM Carl Moon via groups.io <carl.moon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi
Am using

PCGen 6.07.04
Carl

Carl Moon

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 03:41 PM, Brad G. wrote:
Carl,

Have you tried using the latest stable build (6.08 RC8)? That version you are using is ancient.

Brad G.

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:19 AM Carl Moon via groups.io <carl.moon=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi
Am using

PCGen 6.07.04
Carl

 Thanks Brad. I will try the new version.
Carl.