Topics

Mythic Path Ability ~ Armored Might

George Taranellos

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: George Taranellos <gtaranellos1@...>
Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 10:42 AM
Subject: Mythic Path Ability ~ Armored Might
To: <main+help@pcgen.groups.io>

Hi PCGen.

It appears that the Mythic Path Ability ~ Armored Might does not appear to be working as it should.

The following Apply for my Character Build

* 4th Tier Mythic Character
* Have Breastplate on which has a +6 Armour Bonus and is equipped
* Have selected Mythic Path Ability ~ Armored Might

I would have expected my Armour bonus to increase to 8.  6 base +2 from the Mythic Path Ability (limited to 2 because I am only 4th Tier, will increase to 3 when I become 6th Tier)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
George

Jason Dowd

Hi George,
The way PCGen works, there's no way for the ability to "know" what armor you're wearing. So the way Armored Might is coded is as a Temporary Bonus. If you go into the Temporary Bonuses tab, there should be an Armored Might option in there where you can pick the current value of your armor bonus, and it will correctly calculate and give you the right bonus.

Jason (Data Monkey)

George Taranellos

Thanks Jason for getting back to me so promptly.

I've had a look in Temporary Bonuses and can not find an entry for Armored Might. Do I need to have any particular source loaded or a check box ticked somewhere?

Thanks
George

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:03 AM Jason Dowd via Groups.Io <ding50=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi George,
The way PCGen works, there's no way for the ability to "know" what armor you're wearing. So the way Armored Might is coded is as a Temporary Bonus. If you go into the Temporary Bonuses tab, there should be an Armored Might option in there where you can pick the current value of your armor bonus, and it will correctly calculate and give you the right bonus.

Jason (Data Monkey)

Jason Dowd

Hi George,
I just tested it and saw it with no problems. I loaded the core supplements and the Mythic Adventures source. You need to have the Armored Might Mything Path ability. Once you have that ability assigned to the character, it'll show up on Temporary Bonuses under the "Ability" category.

If you are not already doing so, I recommend using 6.08.00RC6 (which is what I tested).

Jason