Topics

maybe bug? #pathfinder

Eric

So I just started doing up a Kineticist (Earth), and was trying to add "Pushing Infusion", but it isn't showing in my list as available (showing the unqualified ones gives the below quoted bit).

Haven't gone looking into the files (not sure where to start), but noticed this in it's description:

> Pushing Infusion
> Type: Wild Talent. Infusion Wild Talent. Infusion Wild Talent Aether. Infusion Wild Talent Air
> Requirements: either ( var: KineticistLVL_Aether at least 1, var: KineticistLVL_Air at least 1, var: KineticistLVL_Water at least 1 )
> Description: Element aether, air, earth, or water;
[snip]

(theres a separate entry for Wood too, so that one is there)
So it looks like it should show up as an Earth option too, although it doesn't look like the pre-req is there?

Noticed a minute ago that I was trying on RC2, so I did just update to RC3, but the issue's still there.

As far as replicating:
(add Occult Adventures source from the Paizo list if you dont already have it)
new Pathfinder character,
pick a race,
add 1 lv Kineticist,
set your Element to Earth (feats&abilities - class features - Kineticist Element)
Kineticist Infusion Wild Talent should now have the Pushing Infusion option listed if you have Qualified clicked in

If anyone wants to point me to what/where to edit for the quick fix until it makes the next release, I can do that for now :)

Eric

I think I'm looking at the right area here...
blahblah/pcgen/data/pathfinder/paizo/roleplaying_game/occult_adventures/oa_abilities_class.lst

line 687, a bit in:
PREMULT:1,[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Aether,1],[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Air,1],[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Water,1]

If I'm reading that right, just add ",[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Earth,1]" ?

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 3:11 PM Eric via Groups.Io <1ballistic1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

So I just started doing up a Kineticist (Earth), and was trying to add "Pushing Infusion", but it isn't showing in my list as available (showing the unqualified ones gives the below quoted bit).

Haven't gone looking into the files (not sure where to start), but noticed this in it's description:

> Pushing Infusion
> Type: Wild Talent. Infusion Wild Talent. Infusion Wild Talent Aether. Infusion Wild Talent Air
> Requirements: either ( var: KineticistLVL_Aether at least 1, var: KineticistLVL_Air at least 1, var: KineticistLVL_Water at least 1 )
[snip]

So it looks like it should show up as an Earth option too, although it doesn't look like the pre-req is there?

Noticed a minute ago that I was trying on RC2, so I did just update to RC3, but the issue's still there.

As far as replicating:
pick a race,
add 1 lv Kineticist,
set your Element to Earth (feats&abilities - class features - Kineticist Element)
Kineticist Infusion Wild Talent should now have the Pushing Infusion option listed if you have Qualified clicked in

If anyone wants to point me to what/where to edit for the quick fix until it makes the next release, I can do that for now :)

Paul Grosse

That looks right. :)

Paul A. Grosse

On Thursday, January 3, 2019, 2:24:29 PM EST, Eric <1ballistic1@...> wrote:

blahblah/pcgen/data/pathfinder/paizo/roleplaying_game/occult_adventures/oa_abilities_class.lst

line 687, a bit in:
PREMULT:1,[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Aether,1],[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Air,1],[PREVARGTEQ:KineticistLVL_Water,1]

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 3:11 PM Eric via Groups.Io <1ballistic1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

> Pushing Infusion
[snip]

As far as replicating:
pick a race,
add 1 lv Kineticist,

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Andrew Maitland

Is this a bug? Open a JIRA and we'll fix it. Just cite the source on what it says (Should be) and what the exact issue is today (What it currently is).

As long as the rules permit, you get a fix. Anything else is a homebrew change, and we cannot enact those.

JIRA -> https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net

Cheers,

Andrew

On 1/3/2019 11:28 AM, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io wrote:

Paul A. Grosse

line 687, a bit in:

> Pushing Infusion
[snip]

As far as replicating:
pick a race,
add 1 lv Kineticist,

--
--Paul Grosse
@Nylanfs

Eric

just submitted it

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 10:30 PM Andrew Maitland via Groups.Io <drew0500=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Is this a bug? Open a JIRA and we'll fix it. Just cite the source on what it says (Should be) and what the exact issue is today (What it currently is).

As long as the rules permit, you get a fix. Anything else is a homebrew change, and we cannot enact those.

JIRA -> https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net

Cheers,

Andrew

On 1/3/2019 11:28 AM, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io wrote:

Paul A. Grosse

line 687, a bit in:

> Pushing Infusion
[snip]

As far as replicating:
pick a race,
add 1 lv Kineticist,

--
--Paul Grosse
@Nylanfs

Timmy Morrison

is this fixed? I think there are multiple bugs with kineticist not allowing me to choose most of the later levels of earth kineticist because I made a level 6 earth kineticist and can add any of the infusions of level 4 and above.

Andrew Maitland

Bugs need to be submitted to the JIRA -- https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net

It is possible it is already fixed, but please submit the DATA Bug and a character to show the deficiency.

Thanks,

On 6/15/2019 8:37 PM, Timmy Morrison wrote:
is this fixed? I think there are multiple bugs with kineticist not allowing me to choose most of the later levels of earth kineticist because I made a level 6 earth kineticist and can add any of the infusions of level 4 and above.

Eric

I've just seen the same thing, so I just put in Data-3976 for it.
Not a clue where to start troubleshooting that one, but I'm open to helping troubleshoot after I get back to civilization in two weeks.