Topics

Flight Maneuverability in PCGen

George Taranellos

Hi PCgen.

I have a couple of questions in relation to Manoeuvrability in PCgen.

The details...

I have a 12th Level Aasimar Paladin with Angel Wings
I have +1 Mithral Full Plate Armour
I have a Medium Encumbrance

Angel Wings - You gain a pair of gleaming feathered wings that grant a fly speed of 30 feet (average manoeuvrability) if wearing light armour or unencumbered, or 20 feet (poor manoeuvrability) with a medium or heavy load or medium or heavy armour. Fly is a class skill for you.

PCgen currently shows my Speed at Fly 20' with a maneuverability of "Average"

Question 1 - the speed seems fine based on wearing Medium Armour however the "Average" maneuverability doesn't marry up with the Angel Wings feat.  Is this correct?

Question 2 - I have Strong Wings (below) cast on me.  I add the spell as a "Temporary Bonus" in PCgen and it increases my maneuverability up to "Perfect" with a speed of 35'.  Is this correct?

Strong Wings - The target’s wings grow more powerful, causing its fly speed to increase by +10 feet and its maneuverability to improve by one category (to a maximum of good). This increase counts as an enhancement bonus. This spell has no effect on wingless creatures or winged creatures that cannot fly.

Thanks
George

Andrew Maitland

Sounds like it's not coded correctly. It happens. https://pcgenorg.atlassian.net and open a "DATA" BUG. I'll see about fixing it on the weekend.

Cheers,

On 9/9/2019 5:25 PM, George Taranellos wrote:
[...]

??
Thanks
George

George Taranellos

Thanks Andrew.  Did you want me to open a Data Bug or will you be doing that?

George

Andrew Maitland

It's best if you open the bug. That's why I provide the link. ;)

On 9/10/2019 5:38 PM, George Taranellos wrote:
Thanks Andrew.?? Did you want me to open a Data Bug or will you be doing that?

George

George Taranellos

Hi Andrew.

Has this been fixed in RC8?

I have attached a pcg file of my character.

Manoeuvrability for me is Average, Fly Speed 20.
My manoeuvrability becomes Perfect, Fly Speed 35 when I add Strong Wings as a Temporary Bonus.
I add a -2 Flight Manoeuvrability temporary bonus to take the manoeuvrability down to Average but the speed remains 35

Also, I noticed that you can add +/- Walk speed under Feats&Abilities/Misc.  Could you do the same thing with Fly Speed to deal with this?

Thanks
George