Topics

Errors loading Pathfinder in everything after 6.06.01

Terrence FitzSimons

I'm coming back to 'after a absence of about 6 years. Started with 6.06.01 and did
not have a problem with my Pathfinder characters.

Last week decided to update to 6.07.06 and have trouble getting Pathfinder to load,
started downloading backward; 6.07.01, 6.07.03, 6.07.04, 6.07.05 all have the same
problem.

Its been too long for me to figure this out, can someone tell me where to look to fix
this? 6.06.01 works, these don't and I would like to know how I mussed it up.

Terry FitzSimons
20:32:01.964 INFO main Main:138 Starting PCGen v6.08.00 RC4
20:32:02.61 INFO main LanguageBundle:134 Initialising language bundle with locale
en_US.
20:32:20.973 SEVERE main Globals:524 Loaded Campaigns with matching names (Conversion
for Core Sets) at different Locations:
file:/C:/Users/fitzs/AppData/Local/PCGen/6.08.00%20RC4/data/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc
file:/C:/Users/fitzs/Documents/PcGen/PcGen%20Workspace/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc
20:32:20.975 SEVERE main Globals:524 Loaded Campaigns with matching names (My
Pathfinder Campaign 6.06.00) at different Locations:
file:/C:/Users/fitzs/AppData/Local/PCGen/6.08.00%20RC4/data/homebrew/my_pathfinder_campaign/_my_pathfinder_campaign.pcc
file:/C:/Users/fitzs/Documents/PcGen/PcGen%20Workspace/homebrew/my_pathfinder_campaign/_my_pathfinder_campaign.pcc
20:32:21.52 SEVERE main FacadeFactory:128 Campaign
file:/C:/Users/fitzs/Documents/PcGen/PcGen%20Workspace/homebrew/my_pathfinder_campaign/_my_pathfinder_campaign.pcc
lists GAMEMODE:Pathfinder_RPG multiple times.
20:32:28.331 INFO Thread-2 SourceFileLoader:534 Loading game Pathfinder_RPG and
sources [Pathfinder RPG Core Supplements].
20:33:03.299 SEVERE Thread-2 SourceFileLoader:526 Exception loading files.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at pcgen.cdom.facet.GrantedVarFacet.dataAdded(GrantedVarFacet.java:68)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractDataFacet.fireDataFacetChangeEvent(AbstractDataFacet.java:247)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractDataFacet.fireDataFacetChangeEvent(AbstractDataFacet.java:194)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractSourcedListFacet.add(AbstractSourcedListFacet.java:96)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.CDOMObjectConsolidationFacet.add(CDOMObjectConsolidationFacet.java:70)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.CDOMObjectConsolidationFacet.dataAdded(CDOMObjectConsolidationFacet.java:135)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractDataFacet.fireDataFacetChangeEvent(AbstractDataFacet.java:247)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractDataFacet.fireDataFacetChangeEvent(AbstractDataFacet.java:194)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractSourcedListFacet.add(AbstractSourcedListFacet.java:96)
at
pcgen.cdom.facet.CharacterConsolidationFacet.dataAdded(CharacterConsolidationFacet.java:64)
at
at
at pcgen.cdom.facet.base.AbstractItemFacet.set(AbstractItemFacet.java:75)
at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.<init>(PlayerCharacter.java:583)
at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.<init>(PlayerCharacter.java:531)
at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autogenerateRacialEquipment(EquipmentList.java:593)
at pcgen.core.EquipmentList.autoGenerateEquipment(EquipmentList.java:426)
at pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.loadCampaigns(SourceFileLoader.java:505)
at pcgen.persistence.SourceFileLoader.execute(SourceFileLoader.java:244)
at pcgen.gui2.util.StatusWorker.construct(StatusWorker.java:72)
at pcgen.gui2.util.StatusWorker.construct(StatusWorker.java:40)
at pcgen.gui2.util.SwingWorker$1.run(SwingWorker.java:160)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

20:33:17.966 INFO AWT-EventQueue-0 DebugDialog:389 Memory used after manual GC, Heap:
196,278,584, Non heap: 92,121,472

Paul Grosse

Andrew of Gwen can chime in here, but it looks like there is a conflict with your work directory.

Specifically this
C:/Users/fitzs/Documents/PcGen/PcGen%20Workspace/homebrew/conversion_support/conversion_support.pcc

Do you have your homebrew, custom or vender location set to point at that location and also copied it into the Homebrew data folder?

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Paul Grosse

Also if you want more direct hands on help you can jump into our Discord support channel.
https://discord.gg/XZaa2G
--
--Paul Grosse
@Nylanfs

Terrence FitzSimons

Edited

I hate to admit it but yes to all, except to Discord (have not figured it out yet), I
had to uninstall everything, reinstall, uninstall/reinstall a while before a I
remembered the .ini file, do a search and destroy for it to get rid of it (and the
six other copies of it for some reason as well as all of the backups) and rebuild my
character from level 1 up, but it eventually was all my fault.

Terry FitzSimons

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 17:36:12 -0800, you wrote:

Also if you want more direct hands on help you can jump into our Discord support channel.
https://discord.gg/XZaa2G
--

Terry FitzSimons

Paul Grosse

Well on the plus side everything is working now. :)

I run multiple version of PCGen ony my system so I can help with customer support. So I always have the options saved to the PCGen directory. Helps keep everything isolated. :)

--
--Paul Grosse
@Nylanfs