Topics

Custom magic item pdf output names - any way to shorten them nicely?

Sorcerer of Itch

Hi,
I added a "page of spell knowledge" to my pathfinder character in PCGen. It has to be customized with the actual spell.
Sadly on the pdf output sheet the item which I would call "page of spell knowledge (Life Pact)" appears there with a super long unreadable name:
"Page of Spell Knowledge (Page of Spell Knowledge (2nd) (SPELLNAME[Life Pact] CASTER[Sorcerer] SPELLTYPE[Arcane] SPELLLEVEL[2] CASTERLEVEL[4] ))"
Is there a way to get an acceptably short name for it (automatically)?

Andrew Maitland

You did that through the spell add customizer?  I mean, sure, if you don't want to actually add a spell, you can instead just "make" an item and call it whatever you want.

We allow for grabbing a base item and renaming it in the customizer and setting your own price as well. Such is the power of customization :)

Cheers,

Andrew

On 1/2/2019 3:47 AM, Sorcerer of Itch wrote:
Hi,
I added a "page of spell knowledge" to my pathfinder character in PCGen. It has to be customized with the actual spell.
Sadly on the pdf output sheet the item which I would call "page of spell knowledge (Life Pact)" appears there with a super long unreadable name:
"Page of Spell Knowledge (Page of Spell Knowledge (2nd) (SPELLNAME[Life Pact] CASTER[Sorcerer] SPELLTYPE[Arcane] SPELLLEVEL[2] CASTERLEVEL[4] ))"
Is there a way to get an acceptably short name for it (automatically)?

@Ferret_Dave

That will be a typo in the lst file, fields should be tab seperated, raise a jira and edit the file manually to correct it

as this is custom equip, it may be the pcg (character) file that needs editing

Sorcerer of Itch

Ok, yes, I can manually overwrite the name for each item customized. But my point was more about it being automatically a little shorter. In other words: Is that funky naming scheme intended?

Sorcerer of Itch

That will be a typo in the lst file, fields should be tab seperated, raise a jira and edit the file manually to correct itas this is custom equip, it may be the pcg (character) file that needs editing
In the .pcg file such an item appears as:
EQUIPNAME:Page of Spell Knowledge (Arcane/Page of Spell Knowledge (1st) (SPELLNAME&lbracket;Alarm&rbracket; CASTER&lbracket;Sorcerer&rbracket; SPELLTYPE&lbracket;Arcane&rbracket; SPELLLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket; CASTERLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket; ))|OUTPUTORDER:0|COST:1000.0|WT:0.0|QUANTITY:1.0|NOTE:|CUSTOMIZATION:[BASEITEM:Page of Spell Knowledge|DATA:NAME=Page of Spell Knowledge (Arcane/Page of Spell Knowledge (1st) (SPELLNAME&lbracket;Alarm&rbracket; CASTER&lbracket;Sorcerer&rbracket; SPELLTYPE&lbracket;Arcane&rbracket; SPELLLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket; CASTERLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket; ))$KEY=Page of Spell Knowledge (Arcane/Page of Spell Knowledge (1st) (SPELLNAME_Alarm_ CASTER_Sorcerer_ SPELLTYPE_Arcane_ SPELLLEVEL_1_ CASTERLEVEL_1_ ))$EQMOD=ADDTYPE&pipe;Arcane.Page of Spell Knowledge ~ 1st Level&pipe;SPELLNAME&lbracket;Alarm&rbracket; CASTER&lbracket;Sorcerer&rbracket; SPELLTYPE&lbracket;Arcane&rbracket; SPELLLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket; CASTERLEVEL&lbracket;1&rbracket;]