Topics

Campaign History/Description formatting?

Joel Fischoff

I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.  Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

So, is there a way to format the Campain History so that it doesn't do that?

Andrew Maitland

When is the text distorted?

PDF or in the GUI?

On 6/15/2019 11:31 PM, Joel Fischoff wrote:
I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.?? Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

So, is there a way to format the Campain History so that it doesn't do that?

Joel Fischoff

The PDF.  In PCGen proper, it looks fine.  Basically, in the PDF, all of the CR/LFs are removed.

On June 16, 2019 at 1:46 AM "Andrew Maitland via Groups.Io" <drew0500@...> wrote:

When is the text distorted?

PDF or in the GUI?

On 6/15/2019 11:31 PM, Joel Fischoff wrote:
I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.?? Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

So, is there a way to format the Campain History so that it doesn't do that?

Joel Fischoff

When is the text distorted?
PDF or in the GUI?
Practical example. This is the text for one section in PCGen's Description/Campaign History tab:
---
100xp A6 Haunted Chamber: Desperate Prisoner trap,
100xp A7 Ledge Controls. Small Lightning Elemental,
150xp A8 Persuasion Chamber. Harzogopas,
100xp A9 Sludge Through. Acid Trap,
150xp A10 Who Goes There? Covered Pit trap - Good Baron Sarvo Wills It,
150xp A11 Clockwork Guardian: Clockwork Servant - GM Fiat,
100xp A12 Canteclure Treasury: Injured Ghoul,
200xp A12 Canteclure Treasury: Treasure Chests (Looting the Treasury): 18500cp, 4000sp, 115gp, 14pp, and a teak case with 30 gems worth 800gp in total.

Next game: Get Homer healed from Ghoul Fever. At House of Abadar, exchange miscellaneous coin for GP, get Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Remaining gold per person, 222.5gp
---
This is what it looks like in the PDF (though the formatting here is imperfect because the margins are obviously different):
---