Topics

Campaign History/Description formatting?

Joel Fischoff

I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.  Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

So, is there a way to format the Campain History so that it doesn't do that?

Andrew Maitland

When is the text distorted?

PDF or in the GUI?

On 6/15/2019 11:31 PM, Joel Fischoff wrote:
I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.?? Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

Joel Fischoff

The PDF.  In PCGen proper, it looks fine.  Basically, in the PDF, all of the CR/LFs are removed.

On June 16, 2019 at 1:46 AM "Andrew Maitland via Groups.Io" <drew0500@...> wrote:

PDF or in the GUI?

On 6/15/2019 11:31 PM, Joel Fischoff wrote:
I've made some extensive use of the Campaign History section on the Description tab.?? Despite me typing line-by-line, it reformats it into a mess of text that's near impossible to read.

Joel Fischoff

PDF or in the GUI?
Practical example. This is the text for one section in PCGen's Description/Campaign History tab:
---
100xp A6 Haunted Chamber: Desperate Prisoner trap,
100xp A7 Ledge Controls. Small Lightning Elemental,
150xp A8 Persuasion Chamber. Harzogopas,
100xp A9 Sludge Through. Acid Trap,
150xp A10 Who Goes There? Covered Pit trap - Good Baron Sarvo Wills It,
150xp A11 Clockwork Guardian: Clockwork Servant - GM Fiat,
100xp A12 Canteclure Treasury: Injured Ghoul,
200xp A12 Canteclure Treasury: Treasure Chests (Looting the Treasury): 18500cp, 4000sp, 115gp, 14pp, and a teak case with 30 gems worth 800gp in total.

Next game: Get Homer healed from Ghoul Fever. At House of Abadar, exchange miscellaneous coin for GP, get Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Remaining gold per person, 222.5gp
---
This is what it looks like in the PDF (though the formatting here is imperfect because the margins are obviously different):
---
100xp A6 Haunted Chamber: Desperate Prisoner trap,100xp A7 Ledge Controls. Small Lightning Elemental,150xp A8 Persuasion Chamber. Harzogopas,100xp A9 Sludge Through. Acid
Trap,150xp A10 Who Goes There? Covered Pit trap - Good Baron Sarvo Wills It,150xp A11 Clockwork Guardian: Clockwork Servant - GM Fiat,100xp A12 Canteclure Treasury: Injured Ghoul,200xp
A12 Canteclure Treasury: Treasure Chests (Looting the Treasury): 18500cp, 4000sp, 115gp, 14pp, and a teak case with 30 gems worth 800gp in total.Next game: Get Homer healed
from Ghoul Fever. At House of Abadar, exchange miscellaneous coin for GP, get Wand of Cure Light Wounds. Remaining gold per person, 222.5gp
---

Joel