Topics

Adding 1 skill point in 5e

Edward Beckwith

 So my DM has granted me a +1 to any chosen skill, and under 3.5 it would have been straightforward, just increase the skill. but in 5.0 I don't see a simple way to do this. I imagine a custom template or even a "magic item" with the property would do, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Paul Grosse

Feats and abilities, GM awards

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 5:48 PM, Edward Beckwith
<lordq42@...> wrote:
 So my DM has granted me a +1 to any chosen skill, and under 3.5 it would have been straightforward, just increase the skill. but in 5.0 I don't see a simple way to do this. I imagine a custom template or even a "magic item" with the property would do, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Edward Beckwith

under feats and abilities, I see 4 tabs, feats, character, misc, and rules. in rules, I see the ability to add a skill proficiency, but no skill bonus.

Paul Grosse

Misc i think, one of the sections should be GM awards. Unless it wasn't implemented for 5e

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Edward Beckwith
<lordq42@...> wrote:
under feats and abilities, I see 4 tabs, feats, character, misc, and rules. in rules, I see the ability to add a skill proficiency, but no skill bonus.

5e has no skill points. You cannot add any "ranks" since it's a rankless system.

Skills are determined by bonuses  - Proficiency Bonus, double that for Expertise, then your Ability Score Bonus/Penalty, and then misc bonuses that might arise.

Is your GM granting you a Bonus to a particular skill?

Cheers,

Andrew

On 12/15/2018 3:54 PM, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io wrote:
Misc i think, one of the sections should be GM awards. Unless it wasn't implemented for 5e

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Edward Beckwith
under feats and abilities, I see 4 tabs, feats, character, misc, and rules. in rules, I see the ability to add a skill proficiency, but no skill bonus.

Edward Beckwith

looks like GM awards is not there for 5e. I also can't select any Temporary bonuses, I'll have to dig around to figure out how to create a template that adds a skill bonus. Thanks

Andrew Maitland

I can add a Bonus if you'd like. That's easy enough to manage.

On 12/15/2018 4:09 PM, Andrew Maitland via Groups.Io wrote:

5e has no skill points. You cannot add any "ranks" since it's a rankless system.

Skills are determined by bonuses  - Proficiency Bonus, double that for Expertise, then your Ability Score Bonus/Penalty, and then misc bonuses that might arise.

Is your GM granting you a Bonus to a particular skill?

Cheers,

Andrew

On 12/15/2018 3:54 PM, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io wrote:
Misc i think, one of the sections should be GM awards. Unless it wasn't implemented for 5e

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 6:53 PM, Edward Beckwith
under feats and abilities, I see 4 tabs, feats, character, misc, and rules. in rules, I see the ability to add a skill proficiency, but no skill bonus.

Attached is an updated folder to replace.

Edward Beckwith

Thank you all for your assistance.

Edward Beckwith

awesome, that worked a treat, and peeling back the lid on the tin I can see HOW it was done, so when I want to tweak my homebrews I can add that in too. Thank you again for your quick and succinct help!