5e homebrew race

Jonathan Arnold

I'm trying to homebrew a 5e race that gives you a choice on which stat gets a +2 bonus and I don't know how to handle that in the code.  Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this.

Richard L'Abbé

OK
In the file homebrew_races.lst

Bugbears SORTKEY:Base_PC SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30 BONUS:STAT|STR|2 BONUS:STAT|DEX|1 ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Racial Trait ~ Bugbears LEGS:2 HANDS:2 RACETYPE:Humanoid RACESUBTYPE:Bugbears TYPE:Humanoid.PC SOURCEPAGE:p.11    les races d'omeria de Richard

or if  the stats not specify

Angelkin SORTKEY:Base_PC SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30,Fly,30 BONUS:STAT|CHA|2 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Ability Score Increase +1|1 ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Racial Trait ~ Angelkin LEGS:2 HANDS:2 RACETYPE:Humanoid RACESUBTYPE:Angelkin TYPE:Humanoid.PC SOURCEPAGE:p.3-4   les races d'omeria de Richard

in the file homebrew_abilities_race.lst
you enter like this

###Block: Bugbears
# Ability Name Unique Key SORTKEY Category of Ability Type Description Ability Modify VAR Source Page
Racial Trait ~ Bugbears CATEGORY:Internal ABILITY:Bugbears Trait|AUTOMATIC|TYPE=Base Bugbears Trait

#Bugbears trait
Ability Score Increase KEY:Bugbears ~ Ability Score Increase SORTKEY:1_Race CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Race Trait.Bugbears Trait.Base Bugbears Trait.SpecialQuality.Race Trait SOURCEPAGE:p.11 Les races d'omeria de Richard DESC:Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Dexterity score increases by 1.
#BONUS:STAT|STR|2|TYPE=Racial BONUS:STAT|DEX|1|TYPE=Racial

Jonathan Arnold

I should have clarified, it's a choice between Constitution or Dexterity scores that will get a +2 increase at character creation. So how do I code this so that PCGen will give me that option at character creation?

Richard L'Abbé

I don't know how to do this way

the way i may try

create a race witch the name style

# NameRaceCon

NameRaceCon SORTKEY:Base_PC SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30 BONUS:STAT|CON|2 ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Racial Trait ~ NameRaceCon LEGS:2 HANDS:2 RACETYPE:Humanoid RACESUBTYPE:NameRaceCon TYPE:Humanoid.PC SOURCEPAGE:p.

# NameRaceDex

NameRaceDex SORTKEY:Base_PC SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30 BONUS:STAT|DEX|2 ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Racial Trait ~ NameRaceDex LEGS:2 HANDS:2 RACETYPE:Humanoid RACESUBTYPE:NameRaceDex TYPE:Humanoid.PC SOURCEPAGE:p.

I think it will may be less complicate in term of programming but if you find a solution send me back i will be interest to see it

the other way it may be to create  a stat pool where you have dex and con only at +2