Topics

Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Paul Grosse

That looks like a real good start! :)

Maybe one of the linux people will chime in on the linux specific instructions.

Whijun

I started a Google Doc and wrote up the basic process of getting the Linux (Beta) feature installed on capable Chromebooks, with a couple of screenshots. I also added in what I could about getting PCGen to run.

Feel free to add to it and post what you'd like to the wiki, etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g59uA5E6mJAW4cqzNxTi3PwAktGHyN1SPPMUNmMyDlM/edit?usp=sharing

Robert Singers

Do you also want some instructions on installing multiple versions on Linux and creating the desktop files?

--
Robert Singers

Paul Grosse

Just some basic instructions on what options / apps that need to be selected, or installed and some screenshots of what the options look like that need selected.

Whijun

I can get something together. Might need some help with some of the write up as I'm technical enough to get by with some googling, but might not be great at a write up.

Can you message me on Discord? Same username as here.

Paul Grosse

Want to give me a writeup with some screenshots and I'll see about getting it in the wiki and on the website.

Whijun

Android Tablet, not that I've been able to get working.

Most newer Chromebooks will have Linux support (it is a beta feature) almost out of the box, which runs within ChromeOS. You'll have to research which ones do or don't.

As someone who runs PCGen on a Chromebook, I can confirm that you don't need to be in Dev mode, Linux installation is a couple of button presses via the settings, and you will need to install java on your own.

Paul Grosse

It requires a full distro of Java, so if you can get a droid tablet to run Java good luck. There is some indication that a Chromebook can be switched into dev mode, install linux, and then java and run PCGen.

Paul A. Grosse

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 3:17:42 PM EDT, GregDC <Solutionbuilder2002@...> wrote:

I am trying to verify that PCGen will not install on any Android tablet.  Am I correct?

GregDC

SolutionBuilder2002@...

GregDC