Topics

Did Windows 10 Installation of 6.08.00 RC3 Include An Uninstaller?

allencohn

Hi, gang,

I've installed RC4...so now I'm trying to uninstall RC3. But I don't see "uninstall-6.08.00 RC3" within PCGen's group in the program listing. Is that just me, or do/did others have that problem? (FYI, "uninstall-6.08.00 RC4" showed up as expected.)

Thanks,

Allen

Paul Grosse

It might be just listed under 6.08.00rc3

Paul A. Grosse

On Thursday, March 28, 2019, 7:38:10 PM EDT, allencohn <allen@...> wrote:

Hi, gang,

I've installed RC4...so now I'm trying to uninstall RC3. But I don't see "uninstall-6.08.00 RC3" within PCGen's group in the program listing. Is that just me, or do/did others have that problem? (FYI, "uninstall-6.08.00 RC4" showed up as expected.)

Thanks,

Allen

allencohn

Thanks, Paul. I've looked carefully and can't find it. And for several years each Windows installer put an associated uninstaller in the same place...

Allen

javydreamer

For some time installing a new version automatically uninstalls the previous one.

So the old Uninstaller would have been gone during installation of the new one.

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 7:58 PM allencohn <allen@...> wrote:
Thanks, Paul. I've looked carefully and can't find it. And for several years each Windows installer put an associated uninstaller in the same place...

Allen

allencohn

Since I can't find the uninstaller for 6.08.00 RC3, can I reinstall 6.08.00 RC3...which will hopefully reinstall the 6.08.00 RC3 uninstaller?

If this kluge might work, would someone please share a link of where to find the Windows installer for 6.08.00 RC3? I've looked but can't find it.

Many thanks,

Allen

allencohn

Checking again...would someone please help me find the windows installer for 6.08.00 RC3?

Thanks,

Allen

Brad G.

Allen,

Try this link

Brad G.

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 7:32 PM allencohn <allen@...> wrote:

Checking again...would someone please help me find the windows installer for 6.08.00 RC3?

Thanks,

Allen

allencohn

Would you please post the link again? It didn't seem to be included.

Thanks,

Allen

Brad G.

grr, mail responder stripped the link.  Try HERE

allencohn

Thanks, Brad…that worked!

Allen

PS: This kluge also worked to repopulate the uninstaller for RC3…which I have now successfully used to remove RC3.

Re: Did Windows 10 Installation of 6.08.00 RC3 Include An Uninstaller?

From: Brad G.
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:42:08 PDT

grr, mail responder stripped the link.  Try HERE

javydreamer

Most likely you need to reinstall the newer version since it overrides registry values when you install a version.

From: Brad G.
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:42:08 PDT

grr, mail responder stripped the link.  Try HERE

allencohn

Thanks javydreamer,

Just want to double check on this.

Since uninstalling RC3 I have started RC4. It appears to run just fine...although I have not tested it thoroughly.

And many times in the past I've had multiple releases of PCGen on my computer (all installed via the Windows installer) and I have been consistently able to launch any of them.

So do I still need to reinstall RC4?

Thanks, everyone!

Allen

javydreamer

Last time I worked on the installer it was using a single key in the registry not tied to version.

Maybe that was changed afterwards.