Date   
Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Paul Grosse
 

It requires a full distro of Java, so if you can get a droid tablet to run Java good luck. There is some indication that a Chromebook can be switched into dev mode, install linux, and then java and run PCGen.


Paul A. Grosse


On Monday, July 29, 2019, 3:17:42 PM EDT, GregDC <Solutionbuilder2002@...> wrote:


I am trying to verify that PCGen will not install on any Android tablet.  Am I correct?

GregDC

SolutionBuilder2002@...

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Whijun
 

Android Tablet, not that I've been able to get working.

Most newer Chromebooks will have Linux support (it is a beta feature) almost out of the box, which runs within ChromeOS. You'll have to research which ones do or don't.

As someone who runs PCGen on a Chromebook, I can confirm that you don't need to be in Dev mode, Linux installation is a couple of button presses via the settings, and you will need to install java on your own.

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Paul Grosse
 

Want to give me a writeup with some screenshots and I'll see about getting it in the wiki and on the website.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Whijun
 

I can get something together. Might need some help with some of the write up as I'm technical enough to get by with some googling, but might not be great at a write up.

Can you message me on Discord? Same username as here.

Just a note #releases #pathfinder2

Paul Grosse
 

We think we have the release process fixed, and there are data monkeys hard at work on PF2.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Paul Grosse
 

Just some basic instructions on what options / apps that need to be selected, or installed and some screenshots of what the options look like that need selected.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Robert Singers
 

Do you also want some instructions on installing multiple versions on Linux and creating the desktop files?

--
Robert Singers
 

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Whijun
 

I started a Google Doc and wrote up the basic process of getting the Linux (Beta) feature installed on capable Chromebooks, with a couple of screenshots. I also added in what I could about getting PCGen to run.

Feel free to add to it and post what you'd like to the wiki, etc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g59uA5E6mJAW4cqzNxTi3PwAktGHyN1SPPMUNmMyDlM/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Installation on Android Tablet #bodmeeting

Paul Grosse
 

That looks like a real good start! :)

Maybe one of the linux people will chime in on the linux specific instructions.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Joining the dev effort

irkmiller1964
 

Hey folks,

I've got more than a couple of questions about setting up my dev environment. What is the preferred source for group interactions? I see links and suggestions for IRC, discord, Hipchat, various IMs ... where do the bulk of you "hang out" and can answer questions for new people?

Thanks,
Eric M.

Re: Joining the dev effort

Brad G.
 

Discord for general discussion and help support. Slack for team members. 

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:36 PM irkmiller1964 <murlynd@...> wrote:
Hey folks,

I've got more than a couple of questions about setting up my dev environment. What is the preferred source for group interactions? I see links and suggestions for IRC, discord, Hipchat, various IMs ... where do the bulk of you "hang out" and can answer questions for new people?

Thanks,
Eric M.

--

Brad G.

Re: Joining the dev effort

Paul Grosse
 

On Friday, August 2, 2019, 12:45:11 PM EDT, Brad G. <brad.grinstead@...> wrote:


Discord for general discussion and help support. Slack for team members. 

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:36 PM irkmiller1964 <murlynd@...> wrote:
Hey folks,

I've got more than a couple of questions about setting up my dev environment. What is the preferred source for group interactions? I see links and suggestions for IRC, discord, Hipchat, various IMs ... where do the bulk of you "hang out" and can answer questions for new people?

Thanks,
Eric M.

--

Brad G.

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: Joining the dev effort

irkmiller1964
 

Thanks, guys! I'm due at work shortly. I'll try to hop on tonight or tomorrow night.

Eric M.

New PcGen not downloading

Valerie Paquin-Gould
 

Hello,

I tried to download the new PcGen program but received the error “network error unable to download” can you check to see if this is an error on your end? I was downloading it on my windows 7 PC.

Val


--
Valerie

Re: New PcGen not downloading

Paul Grosse
 

It starts downloading for me.


Paul A. Grosse


On Monday, August 5, 2019, 9:33:35 AM EDT, Valerie Paquin-Gould <designvpg@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to download the new PcGen program but received the error “network error unable to download” can you check to see if this is an error on your end? I was downloading it on my windows 7 PC.

Val


--
Valerie

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: New PcGen not downloading

Brad G.
 

I can get it to work on Win 1, in all 3 major browsers.  I think you have a problem on your end.

Brad G.


On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 9:35 AM Paul Grosse via Groups.Io <nylanfs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It starts downloading for me.


Paul A. Grosse


On Monday, August 5, 2019, 9:33:35 AM EDT, Valerie Paquin-Gould <designvpg@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to download the new PcGen program but received the error “network error unable to download” can you check to see if this is an error on your end? I was downloading it on my windows 7 PC.

Val


--
Valerie

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: New PcGen not downloading

Valerie Paquin-Gould
 

Yes, it starts and says it will take 25 minutes and runs until the very end where I get the error. I tried it on two different computers. One with windows 10 and one with windows 7 with the same results.


On Monday, August 5, 2019, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io <nylanfs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It starts downloading for me.


Paul A. Grosse


On Monday, August 5, 2019, 9:33:35 AM EDT, Valerie Paquin-Gould <designvpg@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to download the new PcGen program but received the error “network error unable to download” can you check to see if this is an error on your end? I was downloading it on my windows 7 PC.

Val


--
Valerie

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs



--
Valerie

Re: New PcGen not downloading

Brad G.
 

Yes, I completed the download all 3 times.

Brad G.


On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 9:44 AM Valerie Paquin-Gould <designvpg@...> wrote:
Yes, it starts and says it will take 25 minutes and runs until the very end where I get the error. I tried it on two different computers. One with windows 10 and one with windows 7 with the same results.

On Monday, August 5, 2019, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io <nylanfs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It starts downloading for me.


Paul A. Grosse


On Monday, August 5, 2019, 9:33:35 AM EDT, Valerie Paquin-Gould <designvpg@...> wrote:


Hello,

I tried to download the new PcGen program but received the error “network error unable to download” can you check to see if this is an error on your end? I was downloading it on my windows 7 PC.

Val


--
Valerie

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs



--
Valerie

PCGen v.6.08.00 RC7 Released! #releases

Paul Grosse
 

In case anyone is interested we have a new release candidate up for testing. :)
 
https://github.com/PCGen/pcgen/releases/tag/6.08.00RC7

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs

Re: PCGen v.6.08.00 RC7 Released! #releases

Robert Singers
 

Does it fix the 5e spell book rendering issue?


On 20/08/2019 at 04:26, Paul Grosse via Groups.Io <nylanfs@...> wrote:

In case anyone is interested we have a new release candidate up for testing. :)
 

--
--Paul Grosse
--PCGen BoD, PR Silverback
@Nylanfs