Re: How to handle skill points from an item #pathfinder

sodron072@...

Isnt the headband of vast intelligence an exception  to this
Permanent Bonuses: Ability bonuses with a duration greater than 1 day actually increase the relevant ability score after 24 hours. Modify all skills and statistics as appropriate. This might cause you to gain skill points, hit points, and other bonuses. These bonuses should be noted separately in case they are removed

According to this site then I would get more skill points. It has a quote from James Jacobs about this but I am not clear who he is and does he have the final say so
https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/28744/do-you-get-skill-points-retroactively-for-increased-int