Topics

Problem running PCGen - appears to be an awt error

UnclePete

Evening, All.

I have just finished installing a shiny new desktop - UbuntoMATE 16.04 + openjdk9 + pcgen 6.07.05

When I try to run pcgen, I get the following java error:

./pcgen.sh
Available memory: 366500 kB
There is less than 1 GB of free memory available. Will keep default memory limits
min: 256 MB, max: 512 MB
22:25:00.864 INFO main Main:140 Starting PCGen v6.07.05
22:25:01.90 INFO main LanguageBundle:133 Initialising language bundle with locale en_AU.
22:25:01.518 SEVERE main Main:544 Uncaught error - ignoring
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make member of class sun.awt.X11.XToolkit accessible:  module java.desktop does not export sun.awt.X11 to unnamed module @59f99ea
    at sun.reflect.Reflection.throwInaccessibleObjectException(java.base@9-internal/Reflection.java:420)
    at java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(java.base@9-internal/AccessibleObject.java:174)
    at java.lang.reflect.Field.checkCanSetAccessible(java.base@9-internal/Field.java:170)
    at java.lang.reflect.Field.setAccessible(java.base@9-internal/Field.java:164)
    at pcgen.gui2.tools.Utility.setApplicationTitle(Utility.java:478)
    at pcgen.system.Main.configureUI(Main.java:277)
    at pcgen.system.Main.startupWithGUI(Main.java:231)
    at pcgen.system.Main.main(Main.java:161)

I vaguely remember having to tweak  something to do with awt on a previous install (openjdk8), but I didn't take notes and I can't find any reference to it.

I also note that the pcgen.sh file was not included in the pcgen-6.07.05-full.zip file - I copied the .sh file from my prior PCGen installation - I couldn't see anything in there that would be an issue.

Thanks for any assistance.

Pete

Paul Grosse

Hmm, can you run pcgen.jar directly?