Topics

pcgen and the synthesist summoner

Simone Spinozzi

ok.

i selected the summoner and tried to see how the synthesist was handled.

To read the rules (cropped and glued together from a scan i just did, i hope they are readable as yellow paper does not scan well): https://imgur.com/a/ErWuB

To put it in a joke form: it's the "usual magical girl with animal theme transformation sequence". Sorry i'm an idiot but it makes me laugh. (ok elegant and stylish high charisma magical boy if your summoner is male, but the manuals treats everyone as female, so animal themed magical girl it is for me XD)

Having said the idiot joke (sorry, but i'm an idiot, i have to do certain things or people will think i'm smart, bear with me) and putting it aside...

How do i use the output sheets that i get from PCGEN? Because from pcgen i get a regular eidolon out of it instead of getting what amounts to an "eidolon" sheet which is just a "physically powered up" version of the summoner herself.

Basically what the synthesist does is adding temporary hit points equal to the eidolon ones and exchange the physical stats of the summoner with its own, plus adding whichever non-mind-based evolutions the eidolon gets, as everything related to intelligence, wisdom and charisma gets overridden by the summoner.

I'll transcribe the relevant bit (the rest of the abilities is how stuff which would normally relate to either the eidolon or the summoner now relates to the eidolon/summoner fusion)

+-----------------+

While fused with his eidolon, the synthesist uses the eidolon’s Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, but retains his own Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. The synthesist gains the eidolon’s hit points as temporary hit points. When these hit points reach 0, the eidolon is killed and sent back to its home plane. The synthesist uses the eidolon’s base attack bonus, and gains the eidolon’s armor and natural armor bonuses and modifiers to ability scores. The synthesist also gains access to the eidolon’s special abilities and the eidolon’s evolutions. The synthesist is still limited to the eidolon’s maximum number of natural attacks. The eidolon has no skills or feats of its own. The eidolon must be at least the same size as the synthesist. The eidolon must have limbs for the synthesist to cast spells with somatic components. The eidolon’s temporary hit points can be restored with the rejuvenate eidolon spell. While fused, the synthesist loses the benefits of his armor. He counts both as his original type and as an outsider for any effect related to type, whichever is worse for the synthesist. Spells such as banishment or dismissal work normally on the eidolon, but the synthesist is unaffected. Neither the synthesist nor his eidolon can be targeted separately, as they are fused into one creature. The synthesist and eidolon cannot take separate actions. While fused with his eidolon, the synthesist can use all of his own abilities and gear, except for his armor. In all other cases, this ability functions as the summoner’s normal eidolon ability (for example, the synthesist cannot use his summon monster ability while the eidolon is present).

+-----------------+

Thus i don't know if what i get is a bug if it's intended because "it would take ages to implement just the synthesist and thus is on hold for now" or what.