Topics

Pathfinder Cavalier mount issue/question

kragar1969

I'm making a cavalier for pathfinder. The text reads "A cavalier does not take an armor check penalty on Ride checks while riding his mount. The mount is always considered combat trained and begins play with Light Armor Proficiency as a bonus feat. A cavalier's mount does not gain the share spells special ability".

When I equip the PC with armor (breastplate and light steel shield), the armor penalty is still being applied, but it's less than with no armor or shield. I assume that this is b/c he only gets that bonus when he's riding his mount. Is there a way to have pcgen show what stats would be when on his mount? Maybe a skill for "Ride (on Mount)"? I know in an older version in D&D3.5, there was a template for something like "on mount with saddle", but don't see anything like that. Am I missing something simple?

Thanks.

Kevin Wilson

Andrew Maitland

Hi,