Topics

Monte Cook's Numenera

David

Just downloaded and am hipdeep in reading the core book. It is partially d20, but not OGL, so I would be coding up stuff for myself, and was wondering if PCGen can handle this.

High level information...
3 character stats (might, speed, intellect)and each one has 2 values(pool, edge). Pool is sorta like pathfinder ability scores as they are usually in the 9-12 range. Edge is usually 0-2.
3 "classes", glaive (warrior), nano (mage/sorcerer/etc) and jack (jack of all trades, roguish like)

Where nounis the "class". Adjective is one of 12 descriptors (Charming, Clever, Graceful, etc.). This gives potential "pool" ability scores that can be added anywhere, extra skills, extra abilities, etc. Verb is one of the 28 (or so) character focus(Wields Two Weapons at Once, Works Miracles, etc)which further add stuff and abilities. Nano'shave esoteries(aka spells).

There are skills but the GM and player decide what they are, so most have to be text input although a "standard" list is provided which could be used as a base. Weapons do specific damage and there are only three "types", armor reduces weapondamage and only three "types".

Most everything I think is doable, I am most concerned about the stat/pool/edge mechanismand I am wondering if PCGen can handle this.
--

-- david
Papa.DRB

My better half and me (jpg) <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

Love Me If You Can by Toby Keith (video) <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't believe, no proof is possible. (Stuart Chase 1888-1985)

Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@...>

Dedicated character creation apps are being made for iOS, Mac OS X, Windows
an Android (they were part of the rewards/addons for te Kikcstarter).

Anestis.

On 3 August 2013 07:42, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

Just downloaded and am hipdeep in reading the core book. It is partially
d20, but not OGL, so I would be coding up stuff for myself, and was
wondering if PCGen can handle this.

High level information...
3 character stats (might, speed, intellect)and each one has 2
values(pool, edge). Pool is sorta like pathfinder ability scores as they
are usually in the 9-12 range. Edge is usually 0-2.
3 "classes", glaive (warrior), nano (mage/sorcerer/etc) and jack (jack
of all trades, roguish like)

You start by filling in the three blanks "I am a <adjective> <noun> who
<verb>"
[...]

<
https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610
Word of the Day (gif) <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/38647997/Exhaustipated.gif

PCGen List File Help:

Yahoo! Groups Links

--
Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

David

Yes, I know. I'll get the PC one as part of my Kickstarter reward. I stillwould like to code it up for PCGen if it can handle it.

On 2013-08-02 Fri 06:00 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
[...]

Andrew Maitland

Based upon what you said, it "should" be possible.

On 2013-08-02 Fri 06:00 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
[...]

There are two ways for characters to level up in Numenera.

Why is by spending XP to go up a level. The other is by spending XP to
increase skill levels.

Anestis.

On 2013-08-02 Fri 06:00 PM, Anestis Kozakis wrote:
[...]

PCGen Experimental:
Yahoo! Groups Links

PCGen List File Help:

PCGen Experimental:
Yahoo! Groups Links

PCGen List File Help:

Yahoo! Groups Links

--
Anestis Kozakis | kenosti@... | http://www.akozakis.id.au/

Jmz_th_Fish

Having equipment and having good equipment is also equivalent to leveling up.