Topics

Jester for 3.5 Dungeons and dragons

DungeonMaster Pat

Hey guys,

Back in the day I use to play Dungeons and dragons 3.5 and the DM introduced me to a class called Jester. Does PC Gen offer this class for 3.5? If so, where can I download it?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Maitland

Hi cowboyfanpat,

PCGen is only allowed to offer Open Gaming License (OGL) sources released for that use (And we go the further step to get permission from the publishers for 3rd party supplements).

If the source is by Wizards of the Coast (WOTC), then no, we cannot offer it. Also, if it's a homebrew creation, we also will not offer it. (Homebrew is not backed by a publisher and we cannot verify proper license adherence).

However, there are others who may have created such sources on the internet, or if you have the material describing the class, you can certainly take the initiative and create it for pcgen (for your personal use). All of our files are plain text, and easily edited to allow for creative additions for your use.

Cheers,

Andrew

On 1/23/2018 5:13 PM, cowboyfanpat@... [pcgen] wrote:

Hey guys,

Back in the day I use to play Dungeons and dragons 3.5 and the DM introduced me to a class called Jester. Does PC Gen offer this class for 3.5? If so, where can I download it?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Jester is in 2 sources;
Dragon Compendium (pg 36) - v3.5e - Paizo Publishing, under license from WotC, not OGC

The other is listed as a homebrew:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Jester_(3.5e_Class)

They are not the same thing (just compared them).

I don't think that the PCGen agreement with Paizo would cover the Dragon Compendium since it was a license with WotC (I could be wrong though) which means you'd have to enter it yourself or find someone else who has not on these boards.

As to the other, not sure, that's more Paul's department.

Mynex
W. Robert Reed III