Topics

Board of Directors Meeting - January 13th

Andrew Maitland

All,

Next Board of Directors Meeting -

1) Current PCGen Status - Are we still active or is it time to retire
the project?

2) If #1 is Active, then restructure discussions and recruiting coders
(Java or next gen C++/C#) OR retire the project and restart with new
Language and Open Source License (LPGL is a bit restrictive, and was
thought to be only for libraries according to others)

There may be time to discuss restructuring the Board due to recommended team changes.

To find your time zone:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PCGen+Board+of+Directors&iso=20180113T06&p1=217&ah=1

Meeting location - IRC.

IRC settings: irc.freenode.net
channel #pcgen

Guests without an IRC client may log on to the chatroom through a web
browser - http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=pcgen

Rob

2) If #1 is Active, then restructure discussions and recruiting coders
(Java or next gen C++/C#) OR retire the project and restart with new
Language and Open Source License (LPGL is a bit restrictive, and was
thought to be only for libraries according to others)
I haven't been keeping up, but has the board considered re-developing PCGen as a web app? I'm thinking a Java/Spring MVC app (with associated APIs for flexibility) or a single-page app based on a JS framework like Angular or Knockout (which would also need some server-side APIs to support it)?  There'd have to be a discussion about hosting and how that would get paid for, but I think that's a surmountable hurdle.

Just wondering.  Depending on the required commitment and my availability, I might be willing to contribute if we're starting from scratch.  I've wanted to contribute to the project in the past, but quite frankly the codebase is big and complex and hard to get a handle on.

Rob

David Ross

Who is actually on the board of directors? Or can anyone who wants to attend come?

Andrew Maitland

Hi,

Meeting is an open invitation to all, otherwise we wouldn't publicly broadcast it. During the meeting, only the Board members speak. But we do open up discussions to the public as the final agenda item.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Board of Directors is here:

http://wiki.pcgen.org/Board_of_Directors

On 1/3/2018 6:46 PM, david.pp.ross@... [pcgen] wrote:
Who is actually on the board of directors? Or can anyone who wants to attend come?

Yahoo Groups Links