What is the easiest way to get translated skill names on an output sheet?

oe.oe@...

I am fine with the program usage in English but would like to be able to replace skill names on the pdf output with translated ones.

Can I use OUTPUTNAME for skills and will that then be printed instead?

And is there a way to use .MOD in a homebrew lst file to just add this translation texts? If yes, what would I need to write exactly to have the term "Heimlichkeit" printed on the output sheet instead of "Stealth"?

Andrew Maitland

Hi,

Yes, currently OUTPUTNAME will work with a SkillName.MOD to display your change. Be advised, a lot changes during the next nine months for that though.

Cheers,
Andrew

On 3/19/2016 3:40 PM, oe.oe@... [pcgen] wrote:

I am fine with the program usage in English but would like to be able to replace skill names on the pdf output with translated ones.

Can I use OUTPUTNAME for skills and will that then be printed instead?

And is there a way to use .MOD in a homebrew lst file to just add this translation texts? If yes, what would I need to write exactly to have the term "Heimlichkeit" printed on the output sheet instead of "Stealth"?

oe.oe@...

Thanks. I now added translations via a homebrew file with .MOD.

Two follow up questions:
a) Is there any way to translate a special subversion? I currently get a nice translated output for Acrobatics, but the added line Acrobatics (Jump) just transltes the "Acrobatics" again and I have no idea how to translate the "Jump" part.
b) Is there a way to sort the output skills by their outputname?

Andrew Maitland

Hi,