Re: How to Reincarnate a PC?
On 2016-03-19 15:47, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] wrote:
Ow, my head hurts trying to keep straight what you keep, and what you'd lose.
Been thinking overnight.
What I most need is guidance and advice on how to amend an existing character, and what support I can get from the PCGen program (and where, if anywhere, it makes life difficult).
Things I want to make work, and am happy to rule on include
* was Human: keep the initial Feat (per a DM (me!) decision) and the +1 SP/level up to current level - the Skills are life experiences like Class training.
* was Elf: keep the weapon proficiencies (from time as youth)
* become Halfling: do *not* gain racial weapon proficiencies (no youth time)
* lose bodily functions (movement, low-light vision, darkvision, energy resistance), and gain new ones.
My thought overnight is:
* since both races (whichever they are) are Standard Races - no weird properties
* I can take the relevant properties from each and make a "Elf-to-Halfling reincarnated" one-off race.
* I can either create a proper Race in LST, or use the ARG Race Builder
* all the bog-standard races can be coded in the ARG, and the point cost illustrates how neutral the re-build is.
* the ARG will bypass any built-in Racial HD (e.g. reincarnate as Bugbear)
* ARG won't know how to cope if I reincarnate a spirit which started life as a Bugbear.
So how tolerant is PCGen at taking an 8th level character and removing one race and adding another?
DM is me - I'mboth DM and PCGen wrangler...
-- Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente" ArM Code 1.5 5++ Ca++ R++p H++ ?L Y(96) T(5)- SG+++ G++++ P++ HoH(Ma++ Q+ Hg+) Fz(E)++ C++ :-) Cd++ Saga site at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/saxum.caribetum/ Sub Rosa Ars Magica zine - http://www.subrosamagazine.org/